There are four times a year we encourage booking your reservations as far in advance as you can:
- THANKSGIVING BREAK – this, historically, is our busiest week of the year. Where the other three “busy” times tend to be spread out over a period of time, Thanksgiving is the most traveled holiday in the shortest period of time that we get booked for
- Winter Break
- Spring Break
- Independence Day
If we are going to completely book up, these are the times we’ll do it. We always plan ahead, but at some point, there is just no more room! So if you know you will be traveling, we always recommend letting us know as soon as you have your plans made!
2017 – 2018 Winter Break
This year, Collegiate Break starts around December 15 and classes resume in January most often on January 16.
Kindergarten through High Schoolers in our surrounding school districts (Denton ISD, Frisco ISD, Aubrey ISD, Prosper ISD and Little Elm ISD) will be breaking starting December 18 through January 7. Each school district has a separate calendar, so if you haven’t checked your child’s dates yet, we encourage you to check their district websites.
However, if you will be traveling during any of those dates – pretty much December 15, 2017 – January 16, 2018 – we encourage you to book soon!
For December 22 – December 27 we are quickly filling up and anticipate being fully booked long before the holidays starts. We hate turning people away, so make sure to get on our schedule ASAP!
Things to Know Before You Book:
- Reservations that include the dates December 22 – December 27 will be held with a $50, non-refundable deposit. Once booked and paid, the deposits are not applicable as a credit on file in the event you cancel your reservation. The deposit will be applied to your final balance after your return.
- All visits on December 25 will reflect a $5 per visit Holiday Fee. This fee helps us reward our pet sitters for working over the holiday so that our customers can spend time traveling and being with their friends and family. We appreciate your understanding!
- Book Online: https://www.furservicesfurpets.com/booknow.html
Services Offered for Winter Break:
- Vacation Pet Sitting (in-your-home pet sitting for your dog, cat, puppies, kittens and small pets too!) Most of our pet sitting visits are 30 minutes and include plenty of belly rubs for everyone! We do offer longer and shorter time periods depending on your pets needs! We recommend at least three visits a day for adult dogs over one years old and four visits a day for puppies under a year old. For cats and small pets, we can offer as little as one time a day pet sitting from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Overnight Pet Care (in-your-home, all-night care for your best friend). We have limited space for overnight care, so please book early! Overnight care puts our pet sitters in your house for 10 hours each night. We recommend at least one mid-day visit for a quick potty break and leg stretch when booking overnight care.
- Dog Walking. We know your pup might get anxious as you focus on things other than him! Between readying the house, shopping for gifts and preparing food, you may not get as much time with your favorite pooch as he/she is used to! That is where we can step in and help! Whether its a 30 minute or 45 minute walk your pup is used to, we are happy to wear him out so he can enjoy the holidays – perhaps a little calmer!
- Mid-Day Potty Breaks. The holidays bring about holiday parties, exploring the town and lots of shopping! If you plan to be gone for a long day or evening, we’re happy to swing by and let your pup out to go potty! We can even feed him lunch or dinner and throw the ball around!